This book has various ways that make it stink. There is no way around giving this book a low rating. You can read the book flap and not need to spend the money on the book.
Here are the 8 steps:
1. Give up guilt & shame, to get hope
2. Give up resentment, to get love
3. Give up fear, to get trust
4. Give up anger, to get forgiveness
5. Give up instant gratification, to get patience
6. Give up isolation, to get power
7. Give up isolation, to get connection & community
8. Give up addiction, to get freedom
Each chapter is broken down into five sections.
1. What needs to be given up
2. Why it needs to be given up
3. How to go about giving it up
4. What you’ll gain from giving it up
5. What you’ll be able to do and be once you’ve given it up
Then the discussion questions.
· He uses two or more paragraphs when he could have said it with just one sentence.
· His stories are long winded.
· His dry humor truly is not funny.
· I feel as if he is talking down to the reader.
· I can’t believe he compares God to popcorn. (pg 36)
I am going to give this only a two star rating.
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255